Monday, October 22, 2007

Chalk art like you've never seen!

Earlier this week, I made a post about how to make chalk using soap molds. If you're not sure what to do with your homemade chalk let these photos serve as inspiration. Sidewalk artist, Julian Beever, uses pavement as his canvas. His chalk drawings are amazing examples of 3-D illusions. I hope that within my lifetime, I have the opportunity to see his work up close and personal. It's beyond remarkable.


The photo of the lady in the swimming pool is so lifelike when seen from one side. Take a look at what the drawing actually looks like when viewed from the opposite side. Keep in mind that the guy holding the pop can has both feet flat on the pavement. The chalk drawing gives the illusion that he is stepping into the pool.


These last two photos were two of my favorites. The detail is incredible and if you look closely, you can see the lines in the concrete blocks of the sidewalk. There are certainly some clever, artistic people in this world. I'm not one of them, but I can sure appreciate the talent.

Hope you enjoy these pieces of pavement art as much as I did!












2 comments:

Joanna Schmidt said...

I have seen this guy. He is amazing! I have about 20 or so of his photos, but 2 of these I've never seen. Aren't they cool?

go see my blog:

thesoapbar.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are incredible. He must be a perspective genius!