Sunday, January 13, 2008

A whole other meaning to the term "Hand Soap"

Now here's a bar of hand soap you can literally shake hands with. One thing's for certain; your house guests can't possibly miss it in the powder room. For heaven's sake! Why put out all those cutesy little guest soaps when you can put out a friendly, giant size hand? Just for the record, this baby topped the scale at 17.5 ounces. That's over one pound!!

This whole project evolved because my 4 1/2 year old grandson wanted to help me make soap. He insisted on wearing latex gloves just like NeeNee (between you and me... the only reason he wanted to help was to wear the gloves). Within minutes he became bored with the whole project until I suggested we make a "hand" soap using one of the latex gloves he was wearing. This immediately piqued his interest. Here is the result of our hands-on project (Yes, pun was intended!)


BTW...my grandson is taking the hand soap to show & tell day at his pre-school. I would love to record his version of how we made the soap. Surely it would find it's way into one of Art Linkletter's Kids Say the Darndest Things books. Did I mention he picked the blue color and apple fragrance? He told me he picked apple because I keep apple gum in my purse just for him, and blue because NeeNee's eyes are blue.


View the instructional video below:



1 comment:

CC said...

What a cute idea! The best creativity comes from life! Im sure they liked his hand soap! Good job, NeNe!