Sunday, September 20, 2009

Melt & Pour Soap Making: Bloody, Slimy Brain Soap


I made this soap for my six year old grandson who is staying this weekend for an overnighter. We are decorating for Halloween today (yes, I know it's early but the grandkids were begging to get out all the Halloween stuff) and I thought this soap would add to the fun and grab his attention in the shower. Unfortunately, I only made one and my 4 year old granddaughter was quite distraught that she didn't have one too. She may be a princess, but when it comes to things like bloody, slimy brain soap... she's all over it.


Inside the brain soap is a hidden treat: kid-safe slime. The great part about the slime is that it will dissolve in the bath or shower as the soap is used. However, you don't know there is slime buried in the middle of the brain until you start to use the soap. I'll have a project posted this week on how to make this bloody, slim delight. I'm letting my grandson use the soap this weekend so I'll also keep you abreast of his opinion. As you know, if you want an honest opinion, ask a kid!

The mold is available from GoPlanetEarth. It's found here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I made these for Halloween with my daughter and for her friends. They were suck a big hit! LOVE THE CRAFT!