Thursday, January 12, 2012

Handmade Valentine Cards & More


I'm gearing up for Valentine's Day. This year the grand kids are making their own Valentine cards for school. Miss Olivia is doing butterflies and flowers with Tootsie Pop suckers (with gum inside) attached to each card.

The boys voted for candy airplanes. The kids are excited about the whole DIY yourself concept (makes me smile :))))). I'll post links for the templates next week. I first want to assemble examples of the final outcome before adding links. I'm still waiting on candy to arrive (yes!!! I ordered the candy online because I was too busy to shop Walmart!)


I will also be sharing ways to use these ideas to package and embellish Valentine soaps. Gonna be a busy, zany soaping weekend. I'm also squeezing in a live production of the "Wizard of Oz" with the grand kids. I'm a confirmed nut case, I know. But I'm enjoying life in all its madness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denise, I am amazed that such creative ideas come to you. You must stay awake dreaming on the HOW. Love the idea!

Carmen said...

LOVE the airplane...think I'll do a few up for my grandson to give away! Thanks for the great idea!

Denise said...

Carmen, they are pretty cool. My grand son is 8 and loved them. Hope they work out for you :)